To avoid entering incorrect product codes, account names, surnames…
To limit options to a pre-populated list try creating a Data Validation List using Excel. In a separate sheet create a list of the data to display in the drop down, for example a list of department names or product descriptions. You might like to then hide the sheet by right mouse clicking on the sheet name and selecting hide.
- Type a list of States
- Select the cell/s where you want the drop down list to display
- Go to the Data Tab, Data tools group
- Select Data Validation
- In the Allow field
- Choose List form the drop down arrow
- In the Source Field
- Select the range of cells with the States
- If you have given the States a Range name then Press = and type the range name or Press F3 and select from the list
- You know have a drop down arrow to select a state for your data entry.
Microsoft Office Small Group Training Sessions
AZ Solutions Pty Ltd delivers customized training courses here in Sydney – Australia. We come to you. All you need is a board room, PC’s for each student and a TV/ Projector with a HDMI connection cable. In our training sessions you are welcomed to bring examples of your work to class. We prefer it.
Call Now M 0414 417 059 visit www.azsolutions.com.au